Shilpa Shetty: “Instagram Makes Me Look Cooler Than I Am”

Mohnish Singh |Nov 11, 2019

Shilpa Shetty, who was last seen in a full-fledged role in the 2007 film “Apne”, is making her silver screen debut with Sabbir Khan’s directorial “Nikamma”. The film also stars Abhimanyu Dassani and debutante Shirley Setia.

Shilpa Shetty is a force to reckon with. It has been almost 13 years since she is on a self-imposed sabbatical, but her popularity among her fans still remains intact thanks to her work on television. The actress is now gearing up to make a comeback with filmmaker Sabbir Khan’s directorial Nikamma, also starring Abhimanyu Dassani and debutante Shirley Setia.

Talking about her long break from movies, Shilpa Shetty told a popular tabloid, "I have been a part of the industry and I continue to be a part of it some way or the other. When you miss the limelight, you feel like you are losing out on fame and people are forgetting you. I never missed it because I was still doing television.”

Shilpashetty
Image source: Instagram

Shilpa Shetty was last seen on the big screen in the 2007 film Apne. Looking back at her Bollywood journey so far, she said, "Becoming an actor was luck by chance. I was 15 years old and went for an event where a guy saw me and asked to get myself clicked. Next day, the photos were distributed on a set of a show and that's when I started getting work.”

The actress continues to stay connected with her fans through social media like Instagram. "I sometimes feel that Instagram makes me look cooler than I am. I am not that cool. I love every aspect of life but on the other hand, I don't know how to do a split or to drive or swim. I am not hydrophobic. I love to go to beaches but that's only for Instagram."

Shetty’s comeback film Nikamma, which is currently being shot, is jointly produced by Sony Pictures International Productions and Sabbir Khan Films. It is scheduled for its theatrical release in the summer of 2020. The makers are yet to lock an official date though.

Comments

Bigg Boss Toughest Task Forces Rubina And Abhinav To Admit Their Divorce Intention

TV & Digital |Nov 30, 2020, 9:33

The couple broke down in tears as Rubina revealed that she and Abhinav were about to divorce when they registered for Bigg Boss 14. Read details below!

The Realm Of Portrait Photography Has Found Its Queens: Sara Ali Khan And Urvashi Rautela

Hot Photos |Nov 30, 2020, 14:19

Urvashi Rautela and Sara Ali Khan recent photos prove they are the toppers when it comes to portrait photography. See their gorgeous shoots here!

Aly Goni And Krishna Mukherjee – Are They Actually “Just Friends” As They Said? Here Is Everything!

TV & Digital |Nov 29, 2020, 7:00

The sizzling and hot photos of the couple speak louder than any word. Here is everything about Aly Goni and Krishna Mukherjee's relationship!

Tisca Chopra Hot Pic – The Sexiest Images Of The Actress That Can Never Be Erased From Our Mind

Hot Photos |Nov 30, 2020, 13:03

Also called by her fans a bombshell, Tisca Chopra hot pic gallery always sets the Internet soaring. See photos!

When Controversy Is Over, Sara Ali Khan Is Back With Viral Kissing Scene In Coolie No 1 Trailer

Bollywoods News |Nov 30, 2020, 9:11

Varun’s character can be seen donning shorts only while Sara is wearing a colorful bikini.

Pakistan Cricket Latest Ordeal: Captain Babar Azam Accused Of Sexual Abuse, 7th Cricketer Tests Positive

Sports & Games |Nov 30, 2020, 10:15

The Pakistan cricket captain Babar Azam was reported by his 10-year girlfriend that he got her pregnant and exploited her during all those years but never married her.