Avinesh Rekhi: “I Take Immense Pride In Playing A Turban-Clad Sardar In “Choti Sarrdaarni”

Mohnish Singh |Jun 30, 2019

Last seen in Star Plus’ “Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji”, popular television star Avinesh Rekhi is back to woo audiences on the small screen with his new show, “Choti Sarrdaarni”, which premieres on July 1 on Colors.

Avinesh Rekhi is one of the most popular faces on Indian television, who has impressed audiences with a number of successful shows in the past. Last seen in Star Plus’ Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji, the actor returns to the small screen with his new offering titled Choti Sarrdaarni, which is scheduled for its grand premiere on July 1 on Colors.

Sharing his excitement about the new show, Avinesh Rekhi tells STARBIZ, “I am extremely excited about Choti Sarrdaarni because it is a different show. The much more exciting is because of the fact that I got to wear the turban in the show for the first time. It is for the first time in Indian television that an actor is playing the male lead wearing a turban. I am the only one privileged who got this opportunity from Colors that I am so attached with because Colors was the channel who gave me my first opportunity to start my career with. My first show was with Colors. I am so happy to be back on it.”

Talking about working with other cast members, who include the likes of Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia, Anita Raj, and Hitesh Bhardwaj, Avinesh Rekhi says, “They all are very wonderful actors, starting from Nimrit to Hitesh to Anita Ji to Mansi and also the small kid who is playing Param.”

When asked about his journey from his first show with Colors till now, the handsome actor says, “As I said, Colors is the channel that gave me my first opportunity. My journey started from there with my first show Chhal: Sheh Aur Maat. It was a very exciting show. People loved it at that point in time.”

Avinesh Rekhi goes on to add that ever since making his acting debut, he has tried not to repeat his characters. “From there onwards, I have done very different and versatile roles. I have never repeated my characters. I feel very fortunate about it. My whole journey has been very blessed, I feel so. Now I take immense pride in playing a turban-clad Sardar, and that is so relatable to me because I myself am a Punjabi. I am Sardar from Chandigarh. When I took up this opportunity and signed the show, my parents were so happy. All my family members were so happy to see me in this character, this avatar. So I am very, very excited about the show,” the actor signs off.

Choti Sarrdaarni premieres at 7:30 PM on July 1 on Colors.

Comments

Criminal Justice Web Series Download – Best Crime-Based Drama Of The Year

Movies |Oct 25, 2020, 8:00

Criminal Justice Web Series Download – Best Crime-Based Drama Of The Year

Download the series Criminal Justice Full Episodes with us right now!

Everything You Need To Daniel Radcliffe Girlfriend

Hollywood Life |Oct 25, 2020, 18:43

Everything You Need To Daniel Radcliffe Girlfriend

The question about who is Daniel Radcliffe girlfriend is constantly asked left, right and corner. Here is everything!

Mouni Roy And Nia Sharma Never Cease To Surprise Us With Their Hot Tops And Pants Combinations

TV & Digital |Oct 25, 2020, 13:37

Other being known to be television superstars, Mouni Roy and Nia Sharma are also touted as the fashionistas in the industry. See their best looks while wearing top and pants.

Everything You Need To Know About Bigg Boss Winner Gauhar Khan Tattoo, Boyfriend & More

Bollywoods News |Oct 25, 2020, 10:02

Bigg Boss 7 winner Gauahar Khan is the vision to sore eyes, and the model-turn-actress always gains attention be it her tattoo, boyfriend, or movies. Check them out here!

We’re The Millers Movie Download - One Of The Funniest Comedy Movie Of All Time

Movies |Oct 24, 2020, 9:00

We’re The Millers Movie Download - One Of The Funniest Comedy Movie Of All Time

We're the Millers serves you the story of a hilariously dysfunctional and most entertaining family on their utmost road-trip comedy. Watch it for free now!

John Cena Girlfriends List – The Portraits Of Three Important Women In WWE Superstar’s Life

Hollywood Life |Oct 24, 2020, 10:07

While some of his linkups were mere rumors, some got quite some traction. Here is the list of John Cena girlfriends.